Just in time for Halloween! Decorate the most deliciously goulish monster cupcakes at home with our super fresh Monster Cupcake Decorating Kit. Kits include 6 fresh baked cupcakes, and four colours of our signature buttercream icing.
Kids aged 7 to 12 are welcome to join us Saturday October 17th for a Monster cupcake workshop in the 7D Kitchen at Crave Kensington. $25.00 per participant, call our order line to reserve.
How to Fill a Piping Bag
- Drop a decorating tip into the piping bag and trim the end so the tip is just sticking out.
- Hold the piping bag in one hand and fold down the top of the bag to form a cuff.
- With a spatula or spoon, full the piping bag about half full. Less icing is easier to work and is less likely to squeeze out the top.
- Close the piping bag by unfolding the cuff, squeezing the icing to the bottom of the bag and giving it a twist.
- Before beginning to decorate, release any trapped air by squeezing the piping bag over an icing bowl.
- You are now ready to decorate! Have fun!
Tips for Working with Buttercream Icing:
- Keep buttercream refrigerated until you are ready to use it. I can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen up to one month. Allow buttercream to come to room temperature before using.
- Using the paddle attachment on an electric mixer or a spatula mix the buttercream before using, this will ensure that it pipes smoothly
- Practice working with each tip on a piece of parchment paper or a cookie sheet before working on the cupcake.
- The key to beautiful piping is steady even pressure and lots of practice
All kits are made to order, contact our orderline to reserve.