We have a serious passion for great baking. And when it comes to our chocolate chip cookies, we are downright obsessed. Whenever we come across a magazine or blog claiming to have “the best chocolate chip cookie recipe”, we put it to the test. We bake it exactly as the recipe says, and then blind taste-test it against our own recipe. We are happy to report that we still prefer our family’s chocolate chip cookie recipe the best. They’re slightly chewy, a little crispy, with just the right amount of chocolate chips. Test them for yourself. We hope you like them as much as we do.
Crave's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
(Truly The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!)
- 3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup callebaut milk or dark chocolate chunks
Makes three dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to350° F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl measure flour, baking soda and salt. Combine with a whisk and set aside.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium-high speed for 1 minute.
- Gradually add all sugar and beat until pale and fluffy (5-10 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each, then add vanilla. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Beat until well combined (2-3 minutes more).
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets (one heaping tablespoon per cookie).
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.